Open to all professional and amateur, national and international photographers of all ages, the Atkins CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year is an international showcase for the very best in environmental photography and film.
The competition encourages entries that are contemporary, creative, resonant, challenging, original and beautiful, but most of all, pictures that will inspire people around the world to start taking care of our environment.
• Atkins CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year: £3000
• Atkins CIWEM Young Environmental Photographer of the Year (Under 25): £1000
• Atkins CIWEM Environmental Film of the Year: £500
• Atkins Built Environment Prize: Photographer in residence for 12 month opportunity capturing Atkins major projects
• CIWEM Changing Climate Prize: £500, plus showcase of portfolio in one issue of The Environment Magazine
• Forestry Commission England People, Nature and Economy Prize: £1000, plus showcase of portfolio in one of England’s Public Forests
Entrants are invited to submit up to 10 still photographs or films. In recognition of the contemporary focus of this year’s competition, photographs must have been taken (and films made) since 1 January 2015.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website: https://epoty.artopps.co.uk
Image requirements: JPEGs, saved at a high quality level, e.g. 10 in Adobe Photoshop, with a maximum file size of 0.5MB. If shortlisted, still photography entrants must be able to supply images as RAW files or original JPEGs. Some digital adjustment or editing is allowed, but entrants should understand that the objective is to remain faithful to the original experience, and to never deceive the viewer or misrepresent reality.
Entry deadline: 18th April 2016
Please read Rules and Guidelines