City of Levallois Photography award 2012
CALL FOR ENTRIES
The award includes a 10,000 euros grant and the production of an exhibition during the 5th edition of the Photo Levallois festival.
Open to a less-than-35 year old artist at the most on October 5th 2012.
Applicants are invited to submit until May 18, 2012.
The application shall include the following :
– A selection of at least 15 photographs, consistent in content and form of presentation (paper print, laser or digital photocopy,reproduction of Polaroid, 18 × 24 cm to 30 × 40 cm). Digital files,duplicates of slides and originals will not be accepted; it is understood that the quality of the prints of the application will not be a decisive criterion in the judges’ choice.
– A supporting letter of 1000 words maximum in French or English, presenting the project.
– A CV of one A4 page maximum, in French or English, giving the contact details of the applicant (postal address, telephone number, e-mail
– A CD with 2 of the 15 photographs given in jpg files, suitable for printing at the format 10 × 15 cm in 300 dpi. These 2 files will be used by Levallois Culture only if the candidate is given the award or a « special mention », in order to promote the award and the festival.
– A letter of recommendation addressed to the panel of judges, in French or English, supporting the applicant. This letter shall be written by a personality from the world of the image (critic, artistic director,picture editor, teacher, gallery owner, etc.)
– A copy of these rules duly signed
– An envelope for the return of the application which should be of the same format as the one used for sending the application, duly stamped and bearing the address where the candidate wants the application to be returned in case it is not selected by the jury. This stamped envelope is compulsory for applicants who want their applications to be returned to them
Read more at: www.photo-levallois.org