WorldNomads.com and National Geographic Channel are giving one aspiring photographer the opportunity to accompany renowned wildlife and natural history photographer, Jason Edwards, on assignment in Greenland.
Prizes for the winner (Total prize value is approximately AU$10,000):
– A 10-day bespoke trip to Greenland with Visit Greenland and Destination Arctic Circle.
– Round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Copenhagen, then from Copenhagen to Nuuk thanks to Air Greenland where you will meet your mentor and small film crew.
– Travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads.
Winner will be announced: July 26
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Enter a series of photos (maximum of 5). They must tell a story about a place you have visited. One entry per person
Who can apply
* This opportunity is open to any non-professional trying to start a career in Travel Photography – photography students or keen amateurs/pro-amateurs looking for a foot in the door.
* Minimum age 18 by the application deadline with a good level of physical fitness.
* This is a global opportunity – you may be a resident of any country.
* You should be an exceptional photographer with a lust for adventure, have a strong desire to be mentored and grow your photographic knowledge and skills, an ambition to forge a career in Travel Photography, and of course a desire to travel to Greenland.
* Remember this is a scholarship, a learning experience, and therefore will not be suitable for professional or semi-professional photographers.
Image requirements: resolution of 72 ppi/dpi and a pixel length of at least 960 pixels of the longest length of the image. No HDR or other photo manipulation.
Terms and conditions of Travel Photography Scholarship 2013