Imagine a new world
Photographers are asked to dig deep in their imagination and provide an original work where they express their vision of a “new world”.
The European Commission is inviting all professional and amateur photographers, photography students and all other talents to submit their photographs to the “Imagine a new world” photo competition. It is open to anyone who is resident of an EU Member State or candidate country or of Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway and who shares our passion for photography. This is an opportunity for you to express what creativity and innovation means to you.
To participate in the competition, you need to use your camera to show others your vision of the future. Take pictures of what you think the future holds for you, Europe or the world.
1. The competition is open to all professional and amateur photographers who are residents of an EU Member State or candidate country or of Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway, regardless of their sex, age or nationality (officials and other persons employed by the European Institutions – including the Agencies – and their families are not eligible to participate to the competition).
2. Participants are asked to submit 2-4 images related to the theme “Imagine a new world”
3. To enter all participants must complete the official entry Form online.
4. When submitting entries, participants confirm that the material is their own and copyright has not been violated.
5. Participants must get written consent from any individuals depicted in the photographs submitted. You can download a consent form here. For underage people you need the authorisation of their parents.
6. All participants agree to allow the European Commission to use their photographs for information and promotional purposes.
7. The deadline to enter the competition is 31 August 2009.
1. The photographs can be in colour or in monochrome and taken with a digital or film camera (if film is used, the photographs must be submitted as digital scans). You have the right to edit your picture including manipulating colour or composition, montage, collage or touching-up, re-sharpening or correcting the tonal value.
2. Photographs must be submitted by being digitally uploaded through the online entry form in both of the following presentations:
* previews (255×369 pixel / 9×13 cm in 72 dpi) uploaded in the online entry form in either JPEG or TIF format; and
* digital photographs (minimum 21×29,7 cm (DIN A4) / 2480×3508 pixel, maximum 7016×9933 pixel / 59.4×84.1 cm in 300dpi – please do not extrapolate) uploaded through the online entry form in either JPEG or TIF format.
3. Contributions must have a title and can include a short explanation using a maximum of 150 characters.
- Lumini de Craciun 2023 Iasi – fotografii si video - 6 December , 2023
- Manfrotto Pro Light Cineloader noile genti profesionale cu design ergonomic, durabilitate si functionalitate exceptionala - 28 November , 2023
- Scapa de haosul cablurilor in calatorii cu ajutorul organizatorului de cabluri - 25 November , 2023